12 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz November update published November 17th, 2017 (Updated to NTM Edition 22)
- NZ46 Cook Strait
- NZ463 Approaches to Wellington
- NZ531 Great Barrier Island (Aotea Island) to Mercury Bay
- NZ615 Marlborough Sounds
- NZ945 Plans of the Cook Islands northern sheet
- NZ5312 Whangapoua Harbour
- NZ5315 Mercury Bay
- NZ5316 Whitianga Harbour
- NZ5318 Great Mercury Island / Ahuahu to Otara Bay
- NZ5322 Auckland Harbour East
- NZ5323 Auckland Harbour West
- NZ5328 Coromandel Harbour
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 328 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / Marine NZ for iOS6+
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.