15 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz July update published July 13th, 2018 (Updated to NTM Edition 13, June 29th)
- NZ615 Marlborough Sounds
- NZ463 Approaches to Wellington
- NZ6153 Queen Charlotte Sound
- NZ46 Cook Strait
- NZ48 Western Approaches to Cook Strait
- NZ845 Niue
- NZ9558 Rarotonga
- NZ6612 Otago Harbour-Lower Harbour
- NZ945 Plans of the Cook Islands northern sheet
- NZ5227 Goat Island to Waiwera River
- NZ268 Chatham Islands
- NZ6154 Tory Channel Entrance and Picton Harbour
- NZ23 INT 640 North Island
- NZ42 Cape Reinga to Manukau Harbour
- NZ41 North Cape
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 326 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.