16 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz September update published October 5th, 2018 (Updated to NTM Edition 19, 21 September 2018) & NTM Edition 17 (published 7 September 2018)
- NZ52 Cape Brett to Cuvier Island
- NZ53 Bream Head to Slipper Island including Hauraki Gulf
- NZ54 Cuvier Island to East Cape
- NZ521 Cape Brett to Bream Tail
- NZ2683 Approaches to Waitangi
- NZ2685 Waitangi Bay
- NZ5214 Marsden Point
- NZ5215 Whangarei Harbour
- NZ5219 Approaches to Marsden Point
- NZ542 Motiti Island to Pehitari Point
- NZ5321 Mahurangi Harbour to Rangitoto Island
- NZ5322 Auckland Harbour East
- NZ5324 Tamaki Strait and Approaches including Waiheke Island
- NZ5325 Tamaki River
- NZ5327 Waiheke Island to Coromandel Peninsula
- NZ5423 Approaches to Whakaari / White Island
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 326 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.