13 charts has been updated & 1 new chart has been added in the GeoGarage platform
Linz December/January update published February 8,2019 (Updated to NTM Edition 2, January 25th, 2019)
- NZ82 T 82 Tonga
- NZ533 Firth of Thames
- NZ827 T 827 Approaches to Tongatapu including ‘Eua
- NZ4634 Wellington Harbour Entrance and Plans of Wharves
- NZ5217 North Island - East Coast - Port Whangarei NEW
- NZ5322 Auckland Harbour East
- NZ5323 Auckland Harbour West
- NZ5324 Tamaki Strait and Approaches including Waiheke Island
- NZ5327 Waiheke Island to Coromandel Peninsula
- NZ5328 Coromandel Harbour
- NZ6612 Otago Harbour-Lower Harbour
- NZ7621 Milford Sound / Piopiotahi
- NZ8275 T 8275 Approaches to Nuku’alofa Harbour
- NZ8277 T 8277 Nuku’alofa Harbour
Today NZ Linz charts (187 charts / 329 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.