10 charts have been updated & 4 new charts added (for Tonga islands) in the GeoGarage platform
Linz August update published September 4th, 2020 ( Updated to NTM Ed17 [059-061] 21/08/2020 - NTM Ed18 [062-064] 04/09/2020 )
- NZ24 Western Approaches to South Island
- NZ25 INT 648 South Island
- NZ69 Stewart Island/Rakiura
- NZ76 Western Approaches to Foveaux Strait
- NZ4632 Approaches to Porirua Harbour
- NZ5215 Whangarei Harbour
- NZ5217 North Island - East Coast - Port Whangarei
- NZ5322 Auckland Harbour East
- NZ5323 Auckland Harbour West
- NZ5571 Poverty Bay and Approaches to Gisborne
- to403 Ha'afeva and Nomuka new chart
- to404 Approaches to Lifuka new chart replacing NZ8238
- to501 Approaches to Tongatapu including 'Eua new chart replacing NZ827
- to503 Nuku'alofa Harbour to Port 'Ohonua new chart
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.
Further details are included in the Annual New Zealand Notices to Mariners, No.1 which can be found in the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) and on the LINZ website.