9 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
- NZ43 Manukau Harbour to Cape Egmont
- NZ48 Western Approaches to Cook Strait
- NZ443 Approaches to Port Taranaki
- NZ522 Bream Tail to Kawau Island including Great Barrier Island
- NZ4432 Taranaki Roads
- NZ5221 Cradock Channel and Mokohinau Islands
- NZ5222 Great Barrier Island (Aotea Island)
- NZ5223 Great Barrier Island (Northwestern Part)
- NZ7655 Breaksea Sound
Today NZ Linz charts (189 charts / 334 including sub-charts) are displayed in the GeoGarage platform.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- SailGrib Android on the Google Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.
Further details are included in the Annual New Zealand Notices to Mariners, No.1 which can be found in the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) and on the LINZ website.