7 charts has been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz October update published November 2nd, 2018 (Updated to NTM Edition 21, October 5 2018)
- NZ522 Bream Tail to Kawau Island including Great Barrier Island
- NZ532 Approaches to Auckland
- NZ614 Tasman Bay
- NZ5221 Cradock Channel and Mokohinau Islands
- NZ5222 Great Barrier Island (Aotea Island)
- NZ5223 Great Barrier Island (Northwestern Part)
- NZ14605 INT 605 New Zealand to Fiji and Samoa Islands
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 326 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.