21 charts has been updated in the GeoGarage platform & 1 new chart added
Linz yearly base update published July 13, 2019 (Updated to NTM Ed13 (059-060) 28/06, NTM Ed14 (061-063) 12/07, NTM Ed15 (064-065) 26/07
- NZ43 Manukau Harbour to Cape Egmont new edition
- NZ46 Cook Strait new edition
- NZ61 Karamea River to Stephens Island new edition
- NZ62 Cape Palliser to Kaikoura Peninsula new edition
- NZ63 Kaikoura Peninsula to Banks Peninsula new edition
- NZ82 T 82 Tonga new edition
- NZ86 Samoa Islands new edition
- NZ232 Lake Taupo (Taupomoana) new edition
- NZ463 Approaches to Wellington new edition
- NZ615 Marlborough Sounds new edition
- NZ822 T 822 Vava’u Group
- NZ827 T 827 Approaches to Tongatapu including ‘Eua
- NZ6142 Nelson Harbour and Entrance
- NZ6144 Abel Tasman new edition
- NZ6151 Plans in the Marlborough Sounds
- NZ6153 Queen Charlotte Sound
- NZ6155 Queen Charlotte Sound / Tõtaranui Northern Approaches new chart
- NZ8225 T 8225 Neiafu Harbour
- NZ8238 T 8238 Approaches to Lifuka
- NZ8275 T 8275 Approaches to Nuku’alofa Harbour
- NZ8277 T 8277 Nuku’alofa Harbour
- NZ8655 Apia Harbour
Today NZ Linz charts (188 charts / 329 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.