A worldwide nautical charts catalog
with both raster & vector charts material coming from international Hydrographic Offices
- Raster nautical charts (RNCs) : with bitmap copies of the official navigational paper maps
- Vector nautical charts (ENCs) : with vector ENCs (s-57 & s-63 formats) rasterized using s-52 rendering
1. Raster charts catalog
the basic service
with an exhaustive catalog of raster charts from the following international Hydrographic Offices
These digital georeferenced raster nautical charts (more than 9000 charts),
with material coming directly from the full catalogue of official International Hydrographic Offices,
are regularly and automatically updated through our Cloud computing solution.
Raster charts coverage
according to the different international Hydrographic Offices' sources
2. Region coverage with ENC vector charts
A complementary offer for local areas
The GeoGarage platform also serves images of vector ENC Electronic navigational charts as a complementary offer to the different raster nautical charts (RNC) layers for its B2B customers ( see GeoGarage blog article).
'A la carte' service procedure : with ENCs, the user can select a limited set of charts for a chosen region in the worldwide catalog according six scale bands available :
- 1 : Overview scale band consists of ENC files with a scale band smaller than 1:1,500,000.
- 2 : General : from 1:600,001 to 1:1,500,000.
- 3 : Coastal : from 1:150,001 to 1:600,000.
- 4 : Approach : from 1:50,001 to 1:150,000.
- 5 : Harbour : from 1:5,000 to 1:50,000.
- 6 : Berthing : larger than 1:5,000.
So this implementation of ENCs (worldwide catalogue of about 14,000 charts) allows to complete the catalog of available nautical charts (more than 10,000 raster charts) usually proposed by the GeoGarage platform, for regions where the GeoGarage can't access -for the moment- to raster data (pending licenses with some international Hydrographic Offices ) for webmapping applications. The following countries are concerned : China (C1), Croatia (HR), Estonia (EE), Finland (FI), Georgia (GE), Indonesia (ID), Latvia (LV), Montenegro (ME), Poland (PL), Spain (SP), Sweden (SE), Ukraine (UA).
click on the above button to display the ENC worldwide coverage
ENCs with different displays
GeoGarage can propose several types of visualizations with the ENCs depending on the specifications of the customer.
ENCs for specific areas
GeoGarage adapts its offer for local spot coverage
iENCs for rivers, canals, lakes and other inland waters
GeoGarage gives access to all the Inland ENCs catalogue