6 charts have been updated including 2 new editions in the GeoGarage platform
4 charts have been removed from 2020 : 827, 845, 8238, 14630
- NZ661 Approaches to Otago Harbour
- NZ5411 Tauranga Harbour, Katikati Entrance to Mount Maunganui
- NZ6612 Otago Harbour-Lower Harbour
- NZ865 Approaches to Apia
- NZ6151 Plans in the Marlborough Sounds
- NZ9558 Rarotonga
- NZ7625 Thompson Sound and Doubtful Sound/Patea new edition
- NZ7655 Breaksea Sound new edition
Today NZ Linz charts (189 charts / 334 including sub-charts) are displayed in the GeoGarage platform.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- SailGrib Android on the Google Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.
Further details are included in the Annual New Zealand Notices to Mariners, No.1 which can be found in the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) and on the LINZ website.